Ahmed holds a Master of Science in Natural Resource Management (Wildlife and Ecotourism Management) from Jimma University and a bachelor of science in Natural Resource Management (Forestry and Ecotourism) from Adama Science and Technology University, Ethiopia. He is PhD researcher at the Department of criminology, criminal law and social law of the faculty of Law and criminology and a member for the institute on international research on criminal policy (IRCP). During his PhD, Ahmed will do the NASCERE research project entitled “Wildlife Crime in Ethiopia: A Spatiotemporal Analysis of Poaching Activity in Ethiopia’s National Parks and Implication for Crime Prevention” under supervision of Prof. Christophe Vandeviver. Before joining Gent University, Ahmed worked for four years in Jimma University as lecturer.
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEL PHONE: +32 465912719
- TELEPHONE SECRETARIAT: + 32 9 264 69 30
- ADDRESS: Universiteitstraat 4, Ghent, Belgium
- ORCID: 0000-0003-2011-0859
Selected societal impact activities
- JU Treasury (2021-2023): Assessment of ecotourism potentials, opportunities and challenges in south western Ethiopia.
- PhD: wildlife crime in Ethiopia: A spatiotemporal analysis of poaching activity in national parks and implication for crime prevention
Review on Impacts of Protected Area on Local Communities’ Livelihoods in Ethiopia Journal of Resources Development and Management 39: 1-13 (2017).